Sunday, June 16, 2013

IRISH CARD




ERIN GO BRAGH
















Translation: Ireland forever or Ireland till the end of time
 

It's sometimes fun mixing textures when making a card. This card was made using a free standing lace harp pattern. Instead of embroidering it on water soluble stabilizer, as you would, I embroidering the free standing lace harp pattern onto felt to hold the shape of the strings. I then proceeded to cut out the harp design from the felt, and was able to attach it on a decorated card.  I then cut the card on the right side of the harp, to make the harp sit right on the edge of the card.  On the inside of the card, I added a dark green border, which shows when looking at the front of the closed card, completing the look.  In the center of the shamrock I added just a little bit of sparkle with a green rhinestone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment